Finally, Election Day.
It has been a tough campaign at times, but not that tough compared to many campaigns. For all the complaining about “negative attacks,” there is for the most part a good amount of civility practiced in Virginia politics.
In that spirit, I wish both Brian Moran and Terry McAuliffe the best of luck.
But Creigh Deeds is the best choice for Democrats to nominate. Here are five important reasons why:
1. He is the most experienced and the most ready to be Governor on day one;
2. He has a Progressive vision for Virginia in terms of education, encouraging economic development for the entire Commonwealth and in encouraging economic justice for all citizens;
3. He is a pragmatist, able to reach across the aisle and work with Republicans to accomplish his goals for the benefit of Virginians.
4. Because he is from a rural area, he is uniquely positioned to break through the regional logjam that has prevented a solution to the transportation issues in our state;
5. He is dedicated to using his power as Governor to force non-partisan redistricting upon the Commonwealth. This will profoundly change the relationship between our government in Richmond and the Commonwealth’s citizens, and set the stage for continuing and Progressive reform for the next generation.
My videoconferencing setup.
3 months ago