Just off a quick conference call with Joe Abbey, Creigh's campaign manager.
Won't even attempt to put it into prose. Here were his main points:
- Having a great election day.
- We have not seen anything over the last 24 hours to contradict what we have seen in recent polls.
- We had a huge surge in volunteers
- Big increase in donations
- Seeing incredible energy and excitement
- Only thing that has changed in the last 24 hours is Terry Mcauliffe's tone and the attitude of his campaign. Before, he talked about himself. Now, he just wants to talk about Creigh.
- Mentioned the internal poll put out by the McAuliffe camp showing a dead heat between Creigh and McAuliffe. Sample size was only 200. Pollster wouldn't even allow his name on it. "I'm surprised they got the results out of Montana so quickly."
- We feel very good about our position.
- Turnout in C'ville very hight
- Turnout in the valley is very high
- Happy about what we're seeing in Richmond/Tidewater
- Think statewide turnout will be 5-6%
- Weather affected NoVA early, but after that, not too much.
- Surveying C'ville and environs, turnout already exceeds 2006.
- Very confident. Working hard for every last vote.
My videoconferencing setup.
11 months ago